QuietWean Low Stress Weaning Flaps
- Two-stage, low-stress method for weaning calves
- Successful, low-stress weaning can be accomplished in only 4 – 7 days
- Producers have found that QuietWean nose flaps reduce “shipping fever” and respiratory infections.
- Calves weaned using QuietWean spend 25% more time eating, 95% less time bawling and pace up to 15 miles less than traditional weaning!
- QuietWean flaps can be used again and again, making them very economical.
STEP ONE - INSERT NOSE TAG
Calves wear a lightweight plastic, noninvasive nose-flap, which prevents them from nursing but allows the calves to graze and have full social and physical contact with their mother. This helps prepare both cows and calves for life after weaning by effectively reducing the bond between mother and young!
STEP TWO - REMOVE NOSE TAG AFTER 4-7 DAYS
After calves have worn the anti-sucking device for a few (4-7) days, remove the nose-flaps and separate cows and calves as you would normally only now, without all the usual uproar! Calves bawl less, spend less time walking in search of mom, and spend more time eating. These quiet, calm cattle are much easier on fences too!